Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nail Maintenance & Acrylic Removal Aftercare


     I am often asked whether or not my nails are real and once I say, “yes” I’m bombarded with tons of questions; “how do you get them so long and keep them from breaking? What do you do to keep them so nice? How can I get my nails to look like yours?”

     For many years, I had acrylic nails and although they looked nice and I enjoyed having someone else do my nails the long term effects were horrendous. After removing my acrylics it took me nearly eight months to nurse my poor damaged and UGLY nails back to health. Break after break and split after split, I went out hunting for ways to improve the health of my nails and ways to strengthen them. Eventually, I chose to use a simple nail hardener, nail repair (for the breaks & splits), and did my very best to refrain from using any acetone products on my nails.

Here are the products I like to use:
-Nailtiques Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover with aloe vera & conditioner. Purchased from dermstore.com for $8 dollars.
-Beauty Secrets Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover. Purchased from my local Sally's for about $5 with my beauty club member discount. 
-Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Nail Hardener. Purchased from my local Target and I'm sorry, I don't remember how much the cost was.
-Miracle Repair Nail Fix. Purchased from my local Sally's for under $5 with my beauty club member discount. 

      I personally believe nails are similar to makeup in the sense that it's very personal and every person differs in their preferences and dislikes. These are simply the products that I like to use and have proven to work for me. These may or may not work for everyone and I would love to hear feedback should anyone use these or find any products that they like better than these.



My natural nails eight months after removing my acrylics.


No comments:

Post a Comment